Some Aetna insurance plans have implemented a pre-authorization process based both on units and specific CPT® codes. We created the following workflow recommendations to help WebPT Members affected by these new requirements. If your practice is affected, we also recommend reviewing Aetna’s Precertification Lists page to see which CPT® codes require pre-authorization.
Please note that while WebPT will provide your clinic with suggestions on how to best track required authorizations, it is ultimately your responsibility to identify and meet the requirements denoted in your payer agreements.
Therabill EMR Users (Standalone)
For Members using the Therabill EMR for documentation, we recommend the following:
- Go to Clients > Client List.
- Locate the client and click the icon.
- Click the Auths tab in the middle of the screen.
- If the button is red and says, “Turn On,” click the button to activate Authorization Watch.
- In the Add Authorization box, enter the Auth Number, Ins. Company, Service Code, Start Date, and Expire Date.
- Change the # "Visits" drop-down to “Units” and fill in the field.
- Select Add Authorization.