This screen allows you to enter and post client payments to service lines with a balance.
Note: If you are integrated, you should enter all payments into WebPT. You can use this screen to assign those payments.
- Navigate to Payments > Enter Payment > Batch Client.
- Enter a Client Name and select the name from the drop-down list.
Adding Unassigned Funds (Standalone)
If you are a standalone or non-integrated clinic, you can add a client payment without indicating what session(s) it belongs to. This is convenient when a client pays a lump sum of money before their insurance has adjudicated the claim.
- Enter the New Total Pmt amount and corresponding payment information. This can include the payment method, post date, check/auth date, check/auth number, and deposit date.
- Ensure that Auto-fill payment to sessions is unchecked.
- Optional: Check Create a payment receipt if the client would like a receipt.
- Click Apply Payments.
Applying Unassigned Funds
If your client has unassigned funds that you wish to apply, use this form to dictate where to apply the funds.
- Avoid entering information in the New Total Pmt section. You are applying funds that are already on the client's account.
- Use the payment calculation box to verify the amount of available funds.
- Fill in the Pmt Amt for each service line you wish to apply payments to and enter any adjustments. If you use payment classes, you can select that for each line. Note: The Paid amount on each service line is the total of all payments and adjustments currently posted on the line (insurance and client).
For standalone clinics, you can also indicate if the amount is a copay by checking the Copay box.
- Verify that the New Bal of each line and the New Unassigned are not negative amounts. The system will not apply the payments if this is the case.
- Select Apply payments.