The Send Document for Signature feature allows you to send a document to request signatures from clients/patients and referring physicians. The recipient of the signature request will receive an e-mail where they will receive a secured link to digitally sign the document.
How to send a document for a signature request
- On the Edit Session page, select the Documentation tab.
- Once you have entered your notes into the template, select Send for Signature. Note: You will NOT see the Send for Signature button if the note has not been started. There must be at least one save performed. Once the note has been saved, the Send for Signature button will appear.
- The signature request form will display the contents of the note template. At the top, complete the fields to whom you should send the request to.
- Signature By: Choose an option from the drop-down. For example, if you are sending it to the patient for a patient signature, then you should choose Client/Patient.
- Send to Name: Enter the name of the person you are sending the request to.
- Send to Email: Enter a single e-mail address that the request should go to. Please make sure you enter the e-mail correctly. If you enter a wrong e-mail, the person will not receive the request. You should only enter one e-mail address.
- Email Comments: If you would like to send a message in the body of the e-mail, for example, with additional instructions, enter those comments here.
- Once you have filled out the form, click Send.
What happens now?
A signature request e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that you provided. The e-mail will be branded with your company information and logo. The e-mail will request that they click a link to be taken to a secure web page to sign the note.
When the recipient clicks the link and is taken to the secure web page, and agrees to a confidentiality notice, they will be given the option to sign the note. The recipient can use a touch screen device to draw their signature with a signature pad or can use their mouse to draw. Once they submit, your note will display their signature when you perform an official print of the note.
Making Changes to the Note after it is Signed
You will be able to edit the note after external signatures have been applied to it. However, if you make any changes to the note after it is signed, then all external signatures will be removed from the note. You will need to send a new signature request to have the note signed. The recipient will then see the new note contents and be able to make an informed decision on whether to sign it or not.