Occasionally, you may need to refund a client. This can be done using unassigned funds.
Note: If you are an integrated clinic, you will want to edit/delete the payment in WebPT to ensure the balances reflect correctly on the client's account. If you edit/delete the payment in WebPT, you won't need to enter a refund in Therabill. However, this will cause Payment Updates in WebPT Detected to appear on your dashboard. For more information on this feature, please see: Payment Updates in WebPT Detected (Article) or Payment Updates in WebPT Detected (Video).
Entering a Refund
A client refund is entered from the Batch Client payment entry form.
- Navigate to Payments > Enter Payment > Batch Client.
- Enter a Client Name and select the name from the drop-down list.
- At the top of the form, click the Refund button.
- Near the top of this screen, you have the option enter a check number, a check date, and a description of why you are entering a refund. Below that, the refund page will show the items available for refunds.
- Unassigned Payments: These are payments that you have entered for the client without assigning them to a session. The date, method, check/auth number, and amount of the payment will be listed. Note: If there is an Overpayment, Unassign the client payment first before refunding it. Refunds should only be done on Unassigned Payments, not overpaid sessions.
- Enter the amount that you want to refund for each item into the Refund Amount box. As you do so, the Total Refund amount will be displayed at the top.
- Click Apply Refund.