The application allows you to send messages between provider logins, User Accounts, and clients (if you use the Client Portal).
Important: Providers have the ability to see messages from other provider's patients. Where certain laws are applicable, we recommend that mental health providers avoid using the Message Center.
To have an email notification sent to the recipient when a new message has been received, you will need to turn on the alert.
- Admin > Defaults/Settings > Notifications.
- Check the Send e-mail to recipient when Message is received checkbox.
- Select Save Changes.
To access the Message Center, select the icon on the toolbar on the left-hand side of the application. Once inside the message center, you have two options:
- Compose a New Message
- Read/Reply to a Message
Important: At this time you are unable to delete messages from the Message Center.
Compose a New Message
- Use the New Message link in the top-right corner to create a message.
- Use the checkboxes under Select Recipients to designate who the message should be sent to. You can filter using the Contact type drop-down and the Search field.
- Enter a Message Subject and Message Body.
- Select Send Message.
Read/Reply to a Message
- When a message is received, you will receive an alert at the top of your dashboard. You can select the alert or use the icon to access the Message Center.
- When looking at All Messages, new messages will be shown in white and previously read messages will be grayed out.
- Click on a message will show the content and provide you with a Reply to post box.
- After entering your reply message, select Send Reply.
You have the ability to create different folders to help organize your messages.
- Next to Folders, select the icon.
- Enter a name into the text box.
- Select Add.
Once a folder has been created, you can easily move messages.
- Locate the message you want to move into a folder.
- In the bottom right-hand corner, select the blue text that follows Folder.
- In the pop-up window, select which Folder you want to move the message to.