The Therabill Account Health/Healthcheck series is designed to help you get the most out of Therabill by staying on top of crucial workflows.
The Payment Updates in WebPT Detected To Do alert is generated when an update is made to a patient payment collected in the WebPT EMR that is already assigned to a service line in Therabill. Any payments that are unassigned will be updated automatically and will not appear here.
We recommend having 10 or fewer of these alerts at any one time.
It is critical to reconcile patient payment updates between the EMR and Therabill. This allows you to balance your patient payments between the systems and ensures that payments are accurately reflected on statements. Let’s review an example:
- Sandra comes in for her appointment and pays her $35 copay, but the payment was accidentally recorded in the EMR as $25.
- The $25 is applied to a previous date of service in Therabill.
- The front desk corrects the payment error, editing the payment to reflect $35. This generates a Payment Updates alert.
- If the alert is not resolved, Sandra’s statement will inaccurately show that she owes an additional $10 that she's already paid.
We recommend working these updates Daily as shown in our workflow guide. At a minimum, these should be worked monthly as part of your month-end reporting and reconciliation processes.
This example shows how to manage an updated payment amount. Review the linked sections below to learn how to resolve each of the four Payment Updates types you’ll encounter. We’ve labeled the ones below that can negatively impact patient billing and should be resolved.
- Payment Details Were Changed
- Payment Amount Was Changed - Critical
- Payment Was Deleted in WebPT - Critical
- Payment Does Not Match - Critical
- On your Therabill Dashboard, click on the Magnifying Glass to view a list of all the updates.
- First, review the Payment Amount section to determine what has been updated. Anything in Red text has been updated.
- Next, use the Reassigned Column to update the payment amount. For this example, we’ll enter $30.00.
- Click Apply to update the amount and remove the alert.